I am really pleased to have been appointed as the community development worker for Whitleigh Big Local and I hope to be meeting as many people as possible in the next few months. My job will be to support the delivery of the Whitleigh Big Local plan, which includes developing and supporting the following;
● Creating a focal point for Whitleigh, where community groups, social enterprise, and residents can gather together to live, work, and play.
● Community transport – increasing its reach and use
● Youth activities and development.
● Brightening up the neighbourhood, including supporting Edible Whitleigh, improving play areas including the parks and green spaces.
● Helping the community to write the new plan in 2018
● Regular community events / calendar and community newsletter.
But more than that, my role will be to support the community to get the most out of the funding received through Big Local and that it is managed by local people for the benefit of the local community.
So if you see me walking around please feel free to stop me and have a chat, let me know what you think is important for your community and importantly if there are other things that should be included when the new plan is written next year.
My background is Youth and Community Work and I have worked as a volunteer, and a paid worker in both voluntary organisations and local authorities for over 18 years. I lived and worked in Plymouth for many years as a youth worker before moving away in 2002 and I am very happy to be back in Plymouth.
In my free time I walk, garden and make felt sculptures.
If you want to contact me about anything to do with the local community, ideas or suggestions then you can email me on
email@example.com or my mobile number is 07725 868807.